Logo designed by Andrea Schaffer, Eau Claire AAUW Branch
Registration starts March 1!
Logo designed by Tegan Jerde-Koonmen, Graphic Designer
The AAUW WI State Convention is Virtual!
Enjoy the convention from the comfort of your own home!
Share a Favorite Photo!
Welcome by State President
Video from National AAUW
“The Suffrage Movement: A Remembrance by Midwesterners Jessie Jack Hooper and Carrie Chapman Catt” scheduled for 2020 Convention and performed respectively by AAUW members Helen Bannan, dual member of Oshkosh and Milwaukee, and Pam Thiel, a La Crosse member.
10 – 12pm
Hospitality Rooms (small group chat rooms to connect with current and new friends)
Business meeting and Installation of Officers.
11am – 12 pm
Featured Speaker: Wisconsin State Legislator Shelia Stubbs who tells her story of activism and her pursuit of racial equity.
Ten minute break (Get your own sandwich and beverage to enjoy as convention continues).
12:10-1pm Breakout Session 1
1. Ideas for programs that are mission driven: Lyn Hildenbrand (State Program VP) and someone from National.
2. Membership retention and recruitment ideas: Christine Ebert (State Membership VP).
3. Interest group ideas, group outings/other social options: A Sharing of Ideas by Members with Joan Schneider (State President) as the Facilitator.
1:10-2pm Breakout Session 2
1. Promotion of social diversity and justice: Dr. Laura Alwin: “The Unity Project: Building a Better Community Through Inclusion
2. Climate change issues and action: Katy Grogan, Citizens’ Climate Lobby
3. Ideas for branch visibility through social media and other venues.
Jessica Michna created “Women Who Dared” for the 100th anniversary of 19th Amendment. “Cristabel and Emmeline Pankhurst, Susan B. Anthony, Emma Davisson, Elisabeth Cady Stanton; some names you may recognize, others you may not! These and other women (and men) championed the cause of women’s suffrage in this country and overseas in the late 19th and early 20th century. Protest jailings, victories, and defeats culminated with the signature of President Woodrow Wilson that would forever give women the right to vote.”
Do you have a photo?
If you have a photo you want to share, send it to us!
AAUW WI State Convention
Registration begins March 1!
April 23 & 24, 2021
The Comfort of Your Own Home!
Friday: 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.